Friday, September 01, 2006

Shops and me

You know what, shops and me just don't mix. I told you that I don't do shopping. But my venture into town today has given me something else to moan about at least - you lucky people.

I went into a well known shop today that sells magazines and books, and incidentally I asked for fellow blogger Tom Reynolds book "Blood, Sweat & Tea" but they didn't have it in stock so I think I'll just order it online. Anyway that's a side issue, the point is I went in there for a couple of monthly magazines for my husband. One of which was missing the DVD on the front, and it was the last issue, and the other one they only had Octobers issue. I asked them about this and the lady politely explained that once the new issue comes in, the "old" ones get sent back to the publishers. She said the October issue came in during August...

(That quietness that you are now experiencing is known as the "calm before the storm")

...

...

...

...

It's the 1st of September for goodness sake and the September issue is out of date??? I'd understand it if it was the middle of September but it's the 1st of September, and these magazines went out of date in the middle of August???

I noticed some 2007 calendars while I was standing there and I asked the woman if she thought I should buy one in case they sell out before the end of October. I mean, it's the 1st of September. Why are they selling calendars for the following year on the 1st of September? We still have a whole 4 months of this year left. That's a third of a year.

So basically they didn't have the book I wanted, and they didn't have either of the magazines I came in for, but they had a calendar that doesn't start for another third of a year. I could have gone to the charity shop for one of those, and maybe while I was there I might have found one of those out of date magazines I was looking for.

...

...

Ok, you can come out now, the storm has passed. But I told you I don't do shopping.


No comments: