Monday, November 05, 2007

Full Toxie Head!

Well, I’m not sure what’s going on at the moment. Bizarre things always seem to happen to me at this time of year. Last year I lost my brain function and couldn’t drive or spell anymore. This year… I don’t know…

I accompanied Mr Man to another Table Tennis match on Sunday. After watching a ball flying around for three hours I usually begin to lose the will to live, but this time we were there for over six hours! I hate to say it but… I really enjoyed it – what’s going on?
And…
This evening I went to the shop for some milk. Now usually I would come home with various bars of chocolate (and probably forget the milk), but you know what? I didn’t buy any chocolate! Now I know there is something wrong!

What I did come home with though was some lovely sweeties! No, I’m not talking about Foxes Glacier Mints, Werther’s Originals, or some other hard boiled sweets designed for the over 60’s. I’m talking about the “hazardously sour candy” – Toxic Waste!

On the plastic pot reads:

How Long Can You Keep One in Your Mouth?
60 seconds – Full Toxie Head!
45 seconds – Toxie Wannabe!
30 seconds – Cry Baby!
15 seconds – Total Wuss!

Not knowing what to expect, Mr Man and I both popped one in our mouths at the same time to see who would be the first to spit it out! I’m very proud to announce that we both lasted 60 seconds and beyond!

So now it’s your turn! If you don’t try this out and tell me how long you managed to keep one in your mouth for I’ll presume that you were just too scared!

6 comments:

Aiders or Aider1st said...

LOL

I read this post this morning..as I turned on my comp at work.. I had an early lunch.. guess what I went looking for. Unfortunately, it looks like they are not around here anywhere.. and I like a challenge!!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Bah! Excuses, excuses! Ask your kids; they'll know where to find them!

I'll try to upload a photo of them later so you know what you're looking for! Failing that I'll send you some in the post!

Anonymous said...

Never heard of them. Maybe they are 'local sweets for local people' I wish I could find flying saucers. I tried to explain to clone number 1 how eating cardboard to find a micron of bicarb was considered entertainment when I was young.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Hehehe, why did we ever eat those things? More to the point: why do you still want to eat those things?

Try the sweet aisle in your local supermarket, I can almost guarantee you will find Toxic Waste and bags of flying saucers – presuming you live in the UK.

Sigh, total wuss, full of excuses... :P

Roses said...

A couple of teenage mates of Boy's handed me one when we were out for a walk.

I am a Total Wuss.

:-(

Mr Mans Wife said...

Roses I totally respect you for your honesty in admitting that! Aiders and Robert were obviously just too afraid of failure to even try! :p

Now where's TP? I'm sure he won't let me down...