Saturday, November 10, 2007

Retail Therapy

I love shopping. I love finding the squeaky trolley that won’t go the way you want it to. I love being sandwiched between the slow shoppers in front and the ones trying to get past me from behind. I love having my personal space invaded by shoppers who seem to follow me into every aisle and stand close enough for me to feel their breath on my neck. I love having to stand around for ages waiting for that person to move out of the way of that shelf I am trying to reach. I love it when the item I want is out of stock, or when there are only a few of them left and the person blocking my way grabs all of them. I love it when that person with a trolley full of shopping sees me heading for the till with only five items in my arms, and rushes to get there before me. I love being given a handful of change because the cashier doesn’t have any notes. I love not being able to move my car because a couple of shoppers have decided to stand around and have a conversation in front of it. I love the sound of my shopping falling over in the boot, and I love it when the bags split as I lift them out.

It’s no wonder women love shopping so much.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha, I can totally relate to this post, because it is so true, never more so with Christmas approaching. You forgot to mention though the people that stand in the entrance to the aisle, therefore blocking it! Even leaving the trolley driver-less in the middle of an aisle, and getting run over by children! The joys!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Oh, you are so right! Lets face it though; if I listed everything there would be no end to the post!

I actually go "the long way round" to get to an item sometimes, just to avoid other shoppers!

Aiders or Aider1st said...

I just love going shopping.. then I hear someone else's kid's yelling and screaming.

Anonymous said...

Ikea - still in therapy, it is not just a man thing I am sure. But I have discovered the answer. Walk in through the out door, collect what you want and walk out (pay of course) no one challenges you hey presto no messing about following the yellow brick ruddy road. Mind you Mrs P suggested we needed to go back and I had to lie down so maybe 2009.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Argh! The screamers! Shopping late at night usually fixes that problem, but sadly creates others! Do you really like shopping apart from the screaming kids?

Mr Mans Wife said...

Ooh... spooky! We posted at exactly the same time Robert! "You are now entering... the twilight zone"!

I'm presuming your solution involves waiting outside for Mrs P to do the actual shopping? (I don't have a Mrs P) Or do you order online and collect? (Not the same as seeing the goods first hand is it?)