Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Drink’s Too Wet Without One

The slogan used in a British TV commercial for Rich Tea biscuits.

I’m aware that more and more of my posts are about food these days. I’m not sure why that is. Maybe it’s because I’m obsessed with food, and like a lot of comedians I like to make light of my weaknesses - and after all, I am a comedian.

There’s nothing really very funny to say about food though is there? There’s the old worn out joke “What’s the fastest cake in the world? – Scone” but depending on your pronunciation of the word “scone” it may or may not even make any sense, let alone be funny.

I wrote a very depressing post the other night about weight issues, which thankfully I decided not to post. I suppose this partly explains why there has been a lack of posts recently – because I write posts and then not post them – but there are other reasons too.

One is that I don’t know where all my time is going. I’m either asleep or in a trance staring at my computer screen, and it takes me about an hour to write just a few sentences, so when I have emails to write as well that’s more or less my whole day gone.

The other reason is that it is my blogging anniversary at the end of the month, and I really want to post my 100th post on my blogging anniversary! I know; that’s so ridiculously punctilious of me, but there you go, that’s how I am sometimes.

You see? I’m so obsessed with food that I’ve swallowed my own dictionary.

No comments: