Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Brutally Honest Personality Test

I just strolled over to Catherine’s blog and I found the results to this personality test she had taken hilarious, so I couldn’t resist taking the test myself. Being as indecisive as I am, I found some of the questions quite hard, and to be honest there were times when neither option applied to me – like: who is better looking, Bill Gates or… some other incredibly ugly bloke, I can’t even remember his name.

Anyway, this is my result. The funniest thing is that it’s actually true! You won’t believe that as I glanced through the list at the bottom before taking the test I thought to myself “I’m probably a clown”.

Your Score: Clown- ESFP


53% Extraversion, 33% Intuition, 20% Thinking, 33% Judging



Congratulations. You are the buffoon of society, the class clown, the general funny guy/gal. Your purpose on earth was to serve as entertainment for the rest of us sane ones. We're laughing with you and at you. Some people would kill to be as funny as you. Other would rather just kill you.

You're spontaneous, fun-loving and optimistic. You're all in all an idiot.

You wanna know why? It's because you would rather have fun than concentrate on your duties and obligations. You act before you think. You talk before you think. All in all, you don't think that much at all.

You did terribly at school, didn't you? You were the class clown. Paid no respect to the teachers or to your fellow students. Paid no attention to your school work. And look where you are now... starting to regret your decisions?

Get down to earth. Find a real job and start taking care of your responsibilities. Sure, people love you, but they don't love you because they like you. They love you because you make them laugh. They love you because they can always look at you and say "Well, at least I did better off than him or her!"

...but at least you're funny, right?

*****************

If you want to learn more about your personality type in a slightly less negative way, check out this.

*****************

The other personality types are as follows...

Loner - Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
Pushover - Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Criminal - Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Borefest - Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Almost Perfect - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
Freak - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
Loser - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving
Crackpot - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
Sap - Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Commander - Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Do Gooder - Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Scumbag - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
Busybody - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
Prick - Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving
Dictator - Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

Link: The Brutally Honest Personality Test written by UltimateMaster on OkCupid, home of the The Dating Persona Test

So there you have it. It’s slightly depressing knowing that my finest quality is my sense of humour when I know damn well I’m not even that funny! I don’t know if anyone else noticed this but the percentage of each aspect of my personality totalled more than 100%... and I’m supposed to be the one with no brains!

11 comments:

Aiders or Aider1st said...

*hands up* I noticed.. and I hate numbers O.o

Think I'll have a go at this.. I am intreguied as to what they will make of me.... *grins*

Mr Mans Wife said...

Ooh we are proud! (A quote from My Fair Lady) Well done Aiders on spotting the mistake! I'll confess that it was actually Mr Man that pointed it out to me!

Can't wait to see what your results are! :)

caramaena said...

I'm a loner (and an imbecile apparently lol!)

Aiders or Aider1st said...

Well apparently you and I are the same!! I did have the code....somewhere....

Mr Mans Wife said...

Wow Caramaena, is that really you? Were you really searching for "further clarification and hidden meaning" in the questions? :)

So Aiders, you're a clown too? :P
I suppose you'd need to be to keep all your kids entertained! :)

Little Feet said...

I know the Brutally Honest Personality Test is a joke and should be taken that way... But... It's based on the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) which is a very powerful tool in all situations of life. It's well worth reading more about it or if you really want to have some fun, use the MBTI Complete and gain an excellent insight into your personality (https://www.mbticomplete.com). Alternatively google MBTI and there are loads of free tests. However, the reliability and validity of those tests won't probably won't be as good as if you take the real thing.

I'm not being paid to say this but I do work with the MBTI every day. When used properly it helps to celebrate who you are and also to understand our differences with others, basically it's totally fab!

I used to work as a nursing assistant for a mental health trust and something I'd love to see in the future is clients gaining an understanding of who they are and embracing that. So often we're told about our imperfections but with the MBTI, there's no wrong type. Used in a team context, MBTI could also help many mental health teams to work together more effectively.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Thanks for your comment Little Feet. I guessed that the test must be based on a "proper" test as the initials for my personality type turned up a list of lots of "serious" websites when searched in google. (The link at the bottom where it said "If you want to learn more about your personality type in a slightly less negative way..." takes you to the list)

Although meant as a joke (as you said) I was amazed at how true the statements were! I shall definitely have a look at the website you recommend. Thanks for the link.

Calamity Jane said...

A sense of humour is a fine quality to have - you need it these days in this country what with the weather and politics n'all

Mr Mans Wife said...

Trust me Jane, I need a sense of humour every time I look in the mirror these days!

Megan said...

NOTE: This is a random comment from a random individual.

Ha, Donald Trump was the other ugly one.

I forget the name of mine.
Apparently, I put too much time and energy into "Making the world a better place. It'll never happen".

Ah, well. :P

Mr Mans Wife said...

Hi Megan. Random individuals welcome!

That was it, Donald Trump (what a name), I don't even know who he is but at the time of the test I looked him up on google and you're right, he's damn ugly.

Don't give up trying on making the world a better place :)

Thanks for your comment.