Friday, August 31, 2007

365 Not Out

My first blogging anniversary and my 100th post!

Well, here I am, one year on since I first started blogging. With 100 posts on this blog, 63 posts between the other 2 blogs, and a list as long as your arm of unfinished, unstarted, or otherwise unpublished blog posts still to come, obviously I have far too much to say for myself.

I sometimes wondered if I would make it this far. Sometimes blogging has been mentally exhausting; other times emotionally draining. At times I couldn’t help but wonder if this writing phase would last or if I would simply dry up and run out of things to say. But here I am.

Some of my blogging highlights from the past year include:

• Receiving my first comment
• Receiving my first link from another blog
• Receiving my first email regarding my blog
• Having specific posts highly esteemed and linked to by others
• Having an incredible artist agree to illustrate one of my blogs


Reading the blogs of others has also been rewarding – when I’ve managed to keep up! The Blogosphere is ever revolving and never rests for a second. Someone somewhere is always writing a post; the pace is exhausting. I have read posts that have made me howl with laughter, and posts that have made me cry. Mostly blogs serve to give you a fascinating insight into the world of others, whether it be about their work, their health, or their family life – blogs are the ultimate fly-on-the-wall documentaries.

I have to say that for various reasons blogging is a journey of self discovery too. When writing on a particular subject, you tend to examine your own feelings on the matter, whether you choose to reveal those feelings in your post or not. Undoubtedly, each blogger gives away a part of themselves with each post they write.


Hmm… I guess I should now write a list of goals for the following year – kind of like new blog year resolutions. Well, I daren’t tie myself down to anything, but I hope the next year will be more of a steady flow of posts and less spasmodic.

So now, on with the show!

17 comments:

OddThomas said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary!

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Imagine that's 100 candles ;-)

Mr Mans Wife said...

Thank you Odd Thomas :)

Did you really count all those candles?

uphilldowndale said...

Happy Blogday.
Health and happiness to you and Mr M, for the forthcoming year.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Thank you Uphilldowndale :)

caramaena said...

Congrats!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Thank you Caramaena :)

Aiders or Aider1st said...

Happy anniversary if albeit a bit to late!!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

hey girly, i finally got to read some of your blog. I liked the star jump story ;-) xx

Mr Mans Wife said...

*Mr Mans Wife racks her brain trying to figure out who this mysterious commenter is... she dons her Sherlock Holmes cape and gets out her pipe... choking and eyes streaming, she then decides to put the pipe away...*

"Hmmm... someone who would call me girly... who I have obviously directed towards my blog at some point... who would be amused by the star jump story... and would leave me two kisses... it can only be..."

Hello friend :) I know you'll be in bed now like a good girl, so I'll email you at work tomorrow :)

Mr Mans Wife said...

(of course if I had just clicked on your name the queston would have been answered easily - nothing like doing things the hard way is there?)

Anonymous said...

Just passing back through from IG keep it up and get a big cake to put under the candles. Something with chocolate oh and maybe chocolate too, what about a sprinking of chocolate on top oh and forget the knife.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Now that sounds like an anniversary celebration! I like your style Robert :) But unfortunately I'm back on my diet. It's been one week today and I lost 2 1/2 lbs :) It hasn't been too bad, you know crunchy nut cornflakes make quite a good substitute for chocolate.

What's this 53.9N after your name? What does that mean?

Anonymous said...

53.9N? that would be telling too much it is a bit pretentious to appear on IG calling oneself Robert Peel. I only used it on your blog to identify myself as a copper following the child assault blog. I expect one or two of the cops will work out the reference it only takes lateral thinking.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Hmm... intriguing...

*Mr Mans Wife dons her Sherlock cape again, although she's given up the pipe for an inhaler...*

Could anyone work it out with lateral thinking, or is it a type of police reference thing?

If you have no objections I shall still call you Robert though; I can't call you 53.9N can I? :)

Anonymous said...

Or Roberta?

Mr Mans Wife said...

Lol, that's a girls name! (Does it suit me?) How about Roberto? :)

Anyway, you didn't answer my question... and you didn't congratulate me on my weight loss either... I know someone else like that... it must be a copper thing!