Thursday, August 02, 2007

Fight Night

Today I can hear a bit of cluttering around next door; no doubt clearing up after last nights fight.

“Did she just shout “help”?” Mr Man asked me at 1.30 this morning.
“I don’t know, I couldn’t make it out” I said.

Screaming, shouting, and banging are not unusual sounds from next door. Sometimes it’s accompanied by screams of laughter; other times by aggressive shouting. How do we know when it’s time to call the police? Maybe their relationship thrives on fights? It’s not a concept I personally understand, but so many people seem to live like that; how can that many people be wrong?

Mr Man and I had an argument ourselves last night.

“We’ll have a spare bit of money soon. I know you’ve been really missing your Mum, why don’t we pay for her flight over here?” I suggested.
“No, I want you to get a new laptop; you’ve put up with that rubbishy old thing for ages” Mr Man replied.
“I can wait a bit longer, it won’t hurt. It would be nice for you to see your Mum” I said.
“I know, but I want you to get something for yourself. It would be nice for you to have a new laptop instead of something that conks out every five minutes” he insisted.
“But I want us to spend it on something for you” I protested, “isn’t there something else you’d like?”
“No, I want you to spend it on yourself, you deserve it”

And so it went on…

Phew, we’re normal. I was beginning to think there was something wrong with us because we never argue.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Your fight is the most unselfish one I have heard of, lol. I love it how you each want to do something good for the other.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Oh. Hang on, I thought this meant we were normal because we were arguing about money like other couples do... are you saying we're not normal? :o)

Catherine said...

Sorry I haven't replied back before now.

You are normal in the non-normal sense, how about that?

*grin*

Mr Mans Wife said...

Ah well, normal is boring anyway :o)