Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Best Buy

And now for a real top tip…

This evening I bought a 200g jar of Nutella Chocolate spread to dip my mini doughnuts in. Yeah, that’s what I thought, a fantastic idea wasn’t it? But there’s more…

Recently I’ve had a problem with drinking glasses falling apart – usually in my hands while I’m washing up (bear with me on this; it’s not as completely random and unrelated to the jar of chocolate spread as it may seem). This leaves me with two problems: scarred hands and no glasses.

Whilst dipping my doughnuts in my jar of chocolate spread (as you do) it occurred to me that this jar would make a perfectly strong drinking glass – it’s thick glass, there is no screw thread at the top, and it’s actually drinking glass shaped rather than jar shaped. What’s more, the plastic “pop on” lid doubles as a can top for half used cans of food. All for 79p. What better excuse do you need for rushing out and buying half a dozen jars?

Oh, and the scars aren’t really that noticeable when your fingers are covered in chocolate spread.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds like my type of reasoning!

(also, glad to see you posting again)

Mr Mans Wife said...

Thanks Catherine, although I'm still struggling a bit. I went away at the weekend and I've come home exhausted. I've only been up for a couple hours each day and then sleeping again until evening! Managing to keep off the pain killers though...

caramaena said...

lol!

Over here they've given in and just advertise them as glasses. Usually with cartoon characters all over them. I never thought of trying to use the lids for anything though - must try that!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Really Caramaena? They advertise them as glasses with chocolate spread inside?

Yeah I tried the lid on the top of a tin of beans and it fits perfectly!

caramaena said...

Yep, though I will admit I haven't taken much notice lately of tv ads, so whether they still do it I don't know.

Mr Mans Wife said...

That's really odd.

"Nutella glasses, just 79p each, with free chocolate spread inside!"