Wednesday, July 04, 2007

That Explains It

Yesterdays breaking news was that all eight suspects, held in connection with the London and Glasgow bombs, worked in the NHS. Most of them were doctors. That explains a lot about the state of the National Health System.

I’m not sure which I find most disturbing: the fact that we put our lives in the hands of people who would rather kill us than save our lives, or the fact that they are so completely incompetent – as proved by their failure to even blow up a burning car with a bomb in it.


As they were being arrested, the two men at Glasgow airport could be heard arguing.
“You’re supposed to light the wick sticking out of the bomb, not set fire to yourself!”
“It’s your stupid driving, I dropped the match!”

Earlier, in London
“Hello Dr Ayman al-Zawahiri; thank you for coming to the ‘phone. I’m sorry but I couldn’t detonate those bombs; I seem to have misplaced the detonator. Oh, I’m sorry, can you excuse me? I’m being interrupted by a patient…”

“Doctor, I feel much better after having my Gall Bladder removed, but I’ve noticed a very strange ticking sound…”

4 comments:

Aiders or Aider1st said...

I actually didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this post.
It is a shame that these people are so prominent in our society, and even more that we are supposed to trust these people. But it just shows the state of the world, and how far someone would go to gain "approval" elsewhere.. Also shows how desperate everyone is I think.
I did giggle at ya ending.. makes me wonder what's inside me .... o.O

Mr Mans Wife said...

I know what you mean. It just shows you can't trust anyone these days.

I'd probably want to cry too if I knew there was a possiblity of me going into hospital for an operation! Hehehe sorry about that :)

uphilldowndale said...

Can't start to tell you how much this has disturbed my mum, first the GP who murdered so many of his patients and now this.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Of course, your mum will probably be of an age that always trusted the family doctor and never questioned them over anything. People used to go to their doctor with all sorts of problems, not always health related. Your poor mum, I expect she's seen a lot of changes in her life time.