Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Yippee!

My day just improved by 100%

I just found a crunch corner yoghurt in the back of the fridge!

This is incredibly good news because at 20 minutes past midnight it means that I don’t have to start making jellies in an effort to satisfy my sweet tooth - and I won’t have to keep getting out of my chair every five minutes to take a peek in the fridge to see if they have set yet. (Come on, you know we all do it)

You may be interested to know that I actually invented the crunch corner yoghurt, sometime back in 1983 – 1984. Sadly I’ve never been credited with this amazing flash of inspiration.

I was in senior school, and every day with my lunch I would have a yoghurt and a “poo cake” as we called them – or a chocolate covered cornflake cake – and I would mix the two together before eating it. Some people copied; some people thought I was odd or disgusting. But how many crunch corner yoghurts are now sold every week, eh? That many people can’t be wrong can they?

I also used to eat my chips with artificial cream, but that one didn’t seem to catch on.

5 comments:

Aiders or Aider1st said...

I can really give you an odd list.
Currently eating Lichies dipped in a little honey..

Mr Mans Wife said...

You might like to patent that idea Aiders before you find it on the shelves at Asda!

Anonymous said...

Sweet tooth - Chocolate Brownies that make your mouth go cold even when they are at room temperature, how does that work? Eating the cream from the top of the Hot Chocolate with your spoon before it sinks, my wife doesn't take me out much. Breaking up shortbread biscuits into muller yogurt gets me into trouble too, and crunch corners are no longer mine as there is a 9 year old and a 7 year old to fight me out of the fridge.

Anonymous said...

What's artifical cream?

Mr Mans Wife said...

Oh my goodness, I've never heard a man talk about chocolate brownies like that before... are you trying to seduce me with "sweet" talk Robert?

Mmmm short bread in yoghurt... there isn't anything I haven't tried in yoghurt - if it's sweet and it's crunchy I've tried it.

As for the 9 and 7 year old - no one has ever given me a better reason not to have kids!


Anonymous, artificial cream is like a cream substitute. It looks like cream but it's sweet. It seems to be quite difficult to get cakes with artificial cream on these days as most people want the real thing, but personally I don't like real cream.