Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Trouble and Strife – Mr Man and his Wife

It’s our wedding anniversary next month. I can’t wait; it’s always an exciting opportunity to learn something new about Mr Man. It’s a standing joke in our house that I always find out something I never knew about him on our anniversary. I remember we had been married for a whole year before I found out he liked onions, and two years before I knew he liked mushrooms.

A couple of years ago we were out in the car together and I was singing along with the stereo. I got the words wrong and tutted: “They’ve changed the words again”. Now this is something I have been saying for as long as I can remember – long before Mr Man and I married. He turned around and said to me: “It really irritates me when you say that”.
What? I’ve been irritating you for the past 8 years and you’ve only just decided to tell me?”

Well, I laughed and laughed, and when I told my friend we both fell about laughing for ages. It still makes me laugh now.
“Alright, settle down” says Mr Man.

4 comments:

Aiders or Aider1st said...

I actually chuckled when I read this.. not because of it being funny.. but because I can imagine the utter surprise from you.. that made me laugh!
*hugs* Here's to you finding somethings out for the next eight years ^_~

Mr Mans Wife said...

Thanks Aiders.

I don't know what it is about Mr Man, but when ever he tells me off for something I just find it totally hilarious!

Anonymous said...

O.K. I blew myself up with the 'Roberta' line having previously mentioned the 'wife'. She also laughs when I tell her off. This must be standard operating procedure (SOP) in the wife book on dealing with troublesome husbands just beside 'point at them' and 'throw things at them'.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Throw things at them?? Oh dear, can't you tie her up in hand cuffs or something? ;o)

I could never throw anything at Mr Man; he's too sweet. My sister threw a remote control at her husbands head once! At least you have a hat for protection!