Thursday, September 27, 2007

Trouble and Strife – Mr Man and his Wife

It’s started. The cold weather has rolled in and poor Mr Man won’t get any peace until spring.

He’ll lie in bed with only enough duvet to just about cover one leg, and then he’ll hear a little voice squeak from inside the cocoon lying next to him; “I’m cold! There’s a draft! I can feel a draft!

Either that or he’ll wake to find himself hanging off the edge of the bed.
“You’re pushing me out of bed!”
But there’s a draft! I’m trying to cuddle up to stop the drafts
“But I’m falling out! Move over”
But there’s a draft! I can feel a draft!

And heaven forbid if he turns over in the night.
Stop flapping the covers about! There’s a draft! I can feel a draft!

Imagine that every night for the next six months. It’s a wonder he’s never bought a sleeping bag for me – one with a draw string around the neck!

10 comments:

Aiders or Aider1st said...

I felt the cold today.. I been sneezing all day.. and the office was freezing!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Brrrrrr! You need a woolly hat to wear at work! A lot of heat escapes through your head apparently. I suppose it must be something like the fan in a laptop... the more you try to multi task the faster the fan goes... and then the heat escapes out of your ears! :o)

Calamity Jane said...

Ever thought of separate beds? grin

Mr Mans Wife said...

No I can't say I have... he might have though!

Anonymous said...

A wooly hat is great when it's cold, I used one when I was camping over the summer, and I didn't wake up once! You should get an all-night electric blanket, they are so good when it's cold!

Anonymous said...

Never mind separate beds: that would be tragic.

Get two single duvets - problem solved, marriage saved, incidence of wife murder down.

Anonymous said...

Hats were scrap by those that need to sell more pills.

Mr Mans Wife said...

TeeeeePeeeee!!! You're back!

*Runs to give TP a big hug*

A woolly hat in bed isn't a good look - especially for a young, beautiful, trendy female such as myself (and I'll never get one to match my fleecy night gown!) I might have to think about the electric blanket though!

Anonymous 1 - good plan, but I need a king size duvet all to myself!

Anonymous 2 - not sure if I understand you... unless you're saying that pharmaceutical companies have deliberately influenced the fashion industry so that less people feel inclined to wear hats and become ill more often and so need to buy more medicines? Thanks for your comment though :o)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I return, I had a lovely holiday, and it's now time to get back into reading blogs, although you may wish to know, I have still been reading yours over the holiday.

I hope the nights have improved for you of late, last week was especially cold!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Ahhh, bless your cottons (or your woollies!) You're such a sweetie :o)

I have to confess that I am really behind on my blog reading. I think there should be a blog ban for a week to allow me to catch up! :o)

Brrrrr... you mentioned the "C" word again! I shall have to go and turn my heating up now!