Saturday, March 31, 2007

What a Duffer...

Umm… yeah, I found out tonight why those star jumps were so blinkin’ hard to do…

I was at a friends house tonight, and experienced a strange desire to share my star jumping technique with her.
“I was doing star jumps earlier” I said, leaping out of my chair to demonstrate.
I stood in the centre of her living room and jumped up in the air whilst spreading my arms and legs out to the side at the same time, and then landing with my feet together and my arms by my side - a bit like a rather feeble attempt at those jumps they used to do in “Fame” when we were kids, but with my feet only leaving the floor by a few inches! My friend burst into fits of laughter.
“That’s not how you do star jumps!” she exclaimed, “You do them like this…”
She got up to join me in our jumping session. She jumped and landed with her legs apart and with her arms outstretched in one simple movement, and then jumped again as she brought her legs together and her arms down by her sides. She repeated this a few times before we had to stop through being doubled over with laughter.
“Oh. No wonder they were so hard to do!” I cried.
“Mr Man, how do you put up with her?” she asked, shaking her head.
“Hey, hang on a minute!” I protested through my laughs, “He was doing them like that as well…”

4 comments:

Aiders or Aider1st said...

LOL *hugs*

Mr Mans Wife said...

Yeah, I suppose once you know what we look like (as in round and wobbly) the thought of us doing star jumps is even funnier. Think Andy Pipkin from little Britain...

Don't tell me you've never had the urge to do star jumps just for the fun of it Aiders!

Angela said...

Hahahaha! I'm sure your way is so much more fun though! :D

Perhaps you should post a video, you can do your own Mr Man's Wife's Workout video!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Now there's an idea for a money spinner! :D