Friday, March 09, 2007

Shaggy Blog Stories

Attention all bloggers!

Today I have stumbled across this brilliant idea.

Basically, all bloggers are being asked to submit just one blog post, preferably their funniest, to be included in a book entitled “Shaggy Blog Stories” which will go on sale next Friday, 16th March. As you may, or may not know, this date is Red Nose Day, and all money raised (minus publishing fees) will be donated to Comic Relief.

Time is ticking away! This book is being compiled in just 7 days, with the closing time/date being 6pm GMT Wednesday 14th March. (Surely this has to be a record for the largest amount of contributors for one book, and being compiled in the shortest amount of time?)

Everyone is being encouraged to publicise this event on their own blogs, contribute to the book themselves, buy the book next Friday, and advertise the book once it goes on sale.

I’m not sure if I’ve really ever written anything that funny myself, but I hope to read some of my favourite posts by other bloggers.

So get blogging!

You can read more about this event here: troubled-diva.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea although I don't know if I've written anything particularly funny either. Maybe we should nominate each others posts.

Calamity Jane said...

Did you figure out which one you were going to send?

Mr Mans Wife said...

No Jane, I didn't. Maybe I should do a "phone in" like Angela suggested before? One that makes me loads of money. (They'll be expensive calls; I only have about 3 regular readers and one of them lives with me!) Have you chosen one from your own blog?

SirBusy, I like your idea. If I had to nominate something from your blog I think it would be between "Arrests and computers" with the paragraph that starts "Now we had my least favourite bit..." or from the post "Another busy week" with the paragraph that starts "It was fairly quiet then until just before our break at 2200hrs". (Apparently the submissions can't be too long either) What do you think?

Tim said...

If you want a suggestion for which post to submit, your post on March 7th made me laugh. Increasing your vegetable intake with 6 slices of carrot cake - great stuff!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Thanks Tim, I thought about that one myself. I'd have to submit it with no picture though, as no pictures are allowed.

I've now only got two hours to decide because the deadline has been brought forward!