Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mind your P's and Q's

To "Mind your P's and Q's" means to "Remember to say please and thank you".

I never have a problem with laughing at myself, and let’s face it, there are plenty of opportunities. Over time I’ll probably end up relating many stories of stupid things I did when I was younger, but for now, here’s a classic from this afternoon.

My husband and I were trying to work out how many pounds in weight were in X amount of stones so that we could then convert it roughly into kilo’s. So I said to him “What’s 112 and 112?” “224” he said. “So what’s half of that then?”

(I’m not even going to explain the joke, because if you don’t get it, then you’re as stupid as me.)

Also I seemed to suffer from a case of “sudden onset dyslexia” this afternoon, when I kept writing “p” backwards so that it looked like a “q”. I even tried to correct it, but just ended up writing a “q” again. Mr Man said I ought to mind my “P’s and Q’s”... groan.

And add to that the fact that I just cooked some sausages in the George Foreman grill, but forgot to put the drip tray underneath, so there is now hot fat all over the kitchen work top – I think I’m having one of those days.

I'm supposed to be going out this evening, but I'm thinking it might be safer for everyone if I just stayed home.

3 comments:

Calamity Jane said...

Ha! I've just cooked the cork mat that I'd placed the casserole dish on before going in the oven. Couldn't fathom what the awful smell was until I took the dish out of the oven and found the remains of the mat stuck to the dish. D'oh!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Hi there Jane, the name kind of says it all! Still, I'm glad I'm not the only one these things happen to!

Calamity Jane said...

My family call me that - if you can sprain it, break it, rupture it, lose it, bruise it - I've probably already beaten you to it.