Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Yabba Dabba Doo!

I had my slimming club meeting tonight.
“How much did you lose?” Mr Man asked.
“Blimey, he’s optimistic” I thought.

Unbelievably I did manage to lose some weight though. I say “unbelievably” because when you hardly sleep there are more hours in the day to eat food. And when you’re tired you can’t be bothered to cook so you eat any ol’ rubbish.

On my way home I popped into the local supermarket. I finally gave in and bought some sleeping tablets. They’re just herbal things so I hope they do something. I didn’t want anything stronger because I don’t want to feel drugged up all day. Right now though I don’t feel like I’m going to need them tonight. I’m resisting the urge to go to bed, because I know that if I sleep now I will wake up again in three hours time and then be awake again all night.

I wonder how many people I irritated tonight? When I’m tired I do everything in slow motion. I shuffle along with my trolley and every now and again I stop and stare at a shelf even though I have no idea what I’m even looking at. Strangely enough I drive really slowly when I’m tired as well. I have no idea why. I could understand it if I had a Flintstone car.

Man alive, I wouldn't look that happy if my car was leg powered. It's too much effort to press the accelerator.


Picture from Google images.

4 comments:

Calamity Jane said...

I used to have trouble sleeping - stress, illness, etc. One thing I find helps is Badger Sleep Balm - it's a solid oil a little like Vaseline but it's packed with herbal oils. I just rub it onto my throat and chest. Haven't had a really bad night since using it. You can get it in Sainsbury's, Boots, chemists, etc.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Ooh, thanks for the tip Jane.

Last night I managed to stay up a bit longer - but then I started to wake up! I took my herbal sleeping tablets before I went to bed, but 2 1/2 hours later I ended up taking more! I went to sleep after that and I've had a really nice long sleep now. I didn't want to get up actually. :(

Angela said...

I always find on my way home from working I'm getting really sleepy, it's the gentle rocking motion of the tube and then the bus. But then the brisk walk back from the bus stop always wakes me up again!

It's s frustrating being unable to sleep. Whenever I'm having trouble sleeping I make it worse by getting stressed and going round in circles in my head with:
"I get up in 3 hours I need to sleep."
"But I can't sleep"
"But I get up in just under 3 hours I need sleep"
"But I can't sleep"
"But I get up in..."

etcetc... I hope you find something that works :)

Mr Mans Wife said...

When I worked I always fell asleep on the bus - both to and from work!

I get stressed about not being able to sleep too. I'm hopeless if I know I have to get up early and travel somewhere.

The past two nights haven't been too bad though thanks. Both nights have been the same - sleepy in the evening, "waking up" nearer bed time, first lot of sleeping tablets do nothing, second lot seem to work. It's better than it has been - I'm getting off to sleep about 3 - 3.30am, which is better than 5, 6, 7, 8, or not at all! And once I'm off I seem to be staying asleep now instead of waking up 3 hours later.

I don't know why I didn't get the tablets before! I said to Mr Man: "I've got tablets to help me sleep at night, now all I need is tablets to keep me awake in the day!"