Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Tagged with a Meme

Meme (rhymes with gene) - A term coined in 1976 by British Biologist Richard Dawkins. To imitate or to copy. A cultural item that is transmitted by repetition; memes are the cultural counterpart of genes. Examples are tunes, ideas, catch phrases, clothes fashions etc.

I thought my lungs would explode. My heart was pounding. I had stopped running for a moment to catch my breath. My legs were weak. As I hid, a smile broke across my face accompanied by an involuntary giggle; the thrill of the chase, and the satisfaction of outrunning the one who was “it”. I felt like a child again. My childhood memories of running across the playground came flooding back. “Tag!” I heard someone shout, suddenly waking me from my daydream. I looked over my shoulder. It was too late. She’d tagged me and ran away… I had no choice but to play the game...

A - Available/Single? No, I’m married.
B - Best Friend? Mr Man.
C - Cake or Pie? Both. I don’t mean either, I mean both.
D - Drink of Choice? Hot drink: Barley Cup, Cold drink: Diet Pepsi, Alcoholic drink: Malibu. Or Archers. Or a cocktail. Or Baileys… (just kidding, I hardly ever drink alcohol)
E – Essential Item You Use Everyday? My mobile phone – it also contains my address book and diary. Choosing a mobile phone is as serious to me as choosing a marriage partner. Edit: Bog roll - and I take that as seriously as choosing a marriage partner as well - you have to when you use as much as I do.
F - Favourite Colour? Chocolate brown. No, olive green. No, chocolate brown…
G - Gummy Bears Or Worms? Worms are cuter but I wouldn’t eat them.



H - Hometown? I was born in Luton. Edit: Home of the worst one-way traffic system. Did you know that even the schools in Luton have one-way systems in their corridors?
I – Indulgence? Too many. Thornton’s continental chocolates. Expensive toiletries to pamper myself with. Eating/drinking out – cafes in the day time, restaurants in the evening.
J - January Or February? Can I let you know in March? Edit: Whichever one has the most snow.
K - Kids & Their Names? None of my own but I have 15 nieces and nephews with yet another on the way. Some of their names include Hyacinth and Freda. Parents can be so cruel.
L - Life Is Incomplete Without? Love. Edit: and laughter.
M - Marriage date? 27th October 1997.
N - Number Of Siblings? Four brothers and two sisters.
O - Oranges Or Apples? Apples.
P - Phobias/Fears? Spiders, and small toilets (because they’re usually home to spiders and there would be no room to escape!) We have lived in this house for 9 years and I have never set foot inside our small outside toilet.
Q - Favourite Quote? I quote things constantly, from adverts, songs, films… so how long have you got? Edit: "I've never seen anything like it in my life!" - Funky Monkey's Mother.
R - Reason to Smile? I love and I’m loved.
S - Season? I like all four for different reasons, but I don't like the change between each one.
T - Tag People? Mr Grumpy, Aiders, Angela and TP. If I thought they would play the game (or notice that I have tagged them) I would also like to tag Tom Reynolds (and it would also give him something to do while he's off work with a bad knee!), John Robertson, Mark Myers, and OSB. I think their answers would be funny.
U - Unknown Fact About Me? If I tell you it won’t be unknown will it? Edit: Besides, I can't think of one (or I can't think of one that's interesting). Another Edit (April): I've finally thought of one! I like to have the last bowl of cereal out of the box because I think the crumbs make it taste better.
V - Vegetable You Don’t Like? Asparagus.
W - Worst Habit? Why would I want to tell you that? Edit: I have too many bad habits anyway, including changing my mind all the time, so I couldn't possibly choose a worst one!
X - X-rays You’ve Had? My jaw. I think the conclusion was I just talk too much.
Y - Your Favourite Food? This changes daily. At the moment I'm craving a roast dinner because my oven doesn't work and I haven't had one in ages.
Z – Zodiac Sign? Not into that kind of thing.



Photo's from Google Images

Edit: 14th Jan 2007 - I wanted to change my answers already - See Worst Habit!

No comments: