Thursday, April 10, 2008

You Are Now Entering… The Twilight Zone

I know; I’m a very naughty, lazy, blogger. I haven’t blogged in ages, but in truth, nothing very blog worthy has happened in my life of late. Of course, I still haven’t told you about the time I was hunted down by a police dog last summer, but I shall save that for another time now.

Today the most bizarre thing happened. I woke up and took out one of my ear plugs to see what time it was (I know; I still haven’t worked that one out yet either). It was 1pm on the dot. But when I went to return the ear plug, it had gone! I sat up, expecting to find that it had rolled under me (I know; I still haven’t figured out how something can roll under an immovable object, but it does sometimes). Still no ear plug. In fact, I virtually stripped the whole bed looking for it. It was nowhere. It had vanished.

Now, I’m familiar with the tooth fairy and the sock monster, but an ear plug taker? In front of my very eyes? (I know; I still haven’t figured out what “very eyes” are, but it sounds good)

Obviously by this time Mr Man had stirred.
“What are you doing?” he asked.
“I’m looking for my ear plug. I took it out to see what time it was (yeah, I still haven’t worked it out yet) and now I can’t find it”
“What is the time?” he asked out of interest.
“It’s one O’clock” I answered, as I looked at my watch again. I don’t know why I looked at my watch again because I already knew what the time was. I suppose it’s one of those pointless things that we do, like when old people look at their watches when you offer them a cup of tea. It seems that these little time keepers hold the answers to all of life’s important questions – like whether to have a cup of tea or not.

However, this time when I looked it was 12pm on the dot. Eh? How could I have misread that? I could understand it if it was 5 past 12 and in my bleary eyed state had mistaken it to be 1pm, but…

There was only one explanation for it – we had travelled back in time! Had The Ear Plug Taker reversed time so that I wouldn’t remember him/her/it taking my ear plug? And what do they do with them?

I suppose, for now at least, that will remain one of life’s unanswered questions…

12 comments:

Aiders or Aider1st said...

LOL.. Girlie.. You had me totally confuzzled with that post!

Mr Mans Wife said...

You were confused? How do you think I felt? I'm, the one that lost an ear plug into thin air (actually it was probably just normal air as opposed to thin air - we weren't on Everest or anything) and then got taken back in time one hour! I still can't get my head around it... well, you know... heads don't go round things do they?...

:o)

Anonymous said...

Actually, at the summit of Everest, there is the same concentration of oxygen as at ground level, it's just it's partial pressure (the pressure to force our blood to take it up) is a lot lower!

So have you found it yet? Do you have a cat or dog that might have taken a liking to it?

Hope all is well!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Ah, we have a scientist among us! Thank you for that TP, I didn't know that! (despite watching several tv programs on the subject)

No, I still haven't found the ear plug, I think it is gone forever. And we have no pets, so The Ear Plug Taker is really the only explanation!

Thanks for popping by. Hope you're keeping well too. :o)

Calamity Jane said...

I thought is was a well known fact that ear plugs vanish into thin air? Just like socks and earrings. One tends to find that one has only one left.

Trekkie said...

Now, I'll admit that I've occasionally been in bed at 1PM. But not asleep!!!!!!! How can you sleep till then?

Mr Mans Wife said...

Yes, I keep having to alternate ears now!

This is a new experience for me though, as my ear plugs are probably my most valued possession, so I take good care of them. One has never lost one of ones ear plugs before!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Hehehe Trekkie, in this house our bed is hardly ever empty! Ooh! I didn't mean it like that! :O

I suffer from M.E, so I easily sleep 10 - 12 hours a night, plus a nap in the day. Mr Man has always been able to fall asleep anywhere, but these days his medication makes him sleepy too.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I think you will find my latest post spookily familiar!

Mr Mans Wife said...

How bizarre! First an ear plug, now eye goggles! Whatever next?

Maz said...

Hi did that errant ear-plug ever show up? or has it gone the way of the dodo? LOL
maz x

Mr Mans Wife said...

Maz it showed up about 3 weeks later when I pulled the bed out to vacuum underneath it. The thing is, the gap under the bed is only about half an inch high, and the earplug had "rolled" a long way under - how does a little foam earplug roll on carpet? It's not even the right shape to roll. I still think it's extremely odd!