Thursday, April 19, 2007

The “Yoof” of Today

I saw an elderly man mowing a front lawn the other day. He looked so frail that I couldn’t believe he had the strength to push the mower; he looked like he was holding on for support if anything.

On the driveway stood a younger man who spoke to him occasionally and then stood and watched the old man struggle. Morbid curiosity made me turn the car around to drive by for a closer look. By this time the younger man had been joined by two teenage boys.

The elderly man continued mowing. The other three continued to watch whilst chatting. Teatime TV ain’t what it used to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is what the world is coming to, imagine in 50yrs what it will be like and when that generation are running the country! I think I shall emigrate to Mars.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Can I join you?