Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Here We Go Again...

Yes, it's that time of year again - the time of year when I suddenly forget how to drive; stall the car at every available opportunity (and create a few of my own); and feel the need to try all five gears until I settle on one that is appropriate for the speed I am driving at.

It's that time of year when I can't remember what anything is called, forcing me to start an impromptu game of Articulate* mid sentence. And the time of year when completely random words and sentences come out of my mouth which are totally unrelated to what I was about to say.

Yes, it's that time of year when I start to suffer my annual brain dysfunction. It has come early this year, but then so has autumn.

Just the other day I said to Mr Man: "I'm just going to sit down and go to the toilet before I start dinner" when what I actually meant to say was: "I'm just going to sit down and have a drink before I start dinner" !

Another favourite seems to be completely forgetting what I've just said the moment I have finished speaking, and then having this awful feeling that I just said something random and having to ask the person I'm talking to "What did I just say?" They probably think I'm testing their level of attention!

Ah yes, here we go again... and people wonder why I prefer to write than talk.


*Articulate is a game where you have to describe a word from a card to your team member without actually saying the word, and they have to guess as many words on the cards as possible in the time allotted.

2 comments:

Aiders or Aider1st said...

And there's me thinking it was a side effect of me getting older!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Ooh, I didn't think of that! Maybe that's why it's come early this year!