Wednesday, October 03, 2007

World Domination – by Mice

Grannys.Myth.Peeler really is a myth peeler. He peels away the layers of falsehoods to reveal the truth to his readers. Many people may think of him as a paranoid, slightly delusional, conspiracy theorist – or a fruit cake in layman’s terms - but let me tell you, never has a man been so accurate in his explanations of the inexplicable.

Take his story The Giant Mouse That Saved the World for example. Ok, there was no giant mouse; he turned out to be a Ginger Tom, but the little guy (who was a mouse) had everything planned out and was ready to take on the whole world – until he got eaten by the Ginger Tom of course. What does this prove? Only that cats are bigger than mice, but who has the brains eh? Consider this true life account:

I was talking to my brother the other day, and he was telling me how he discovered that mice are taking over his garage. He said he noticed the first mouse when he reached up to get a bag of rabbit food from a shelf and the mouse fell out of a hole in the bag! Screaming like girl (as frightened men do) he ran to safety. “This is war” he decided, and promptly went out to buy a mouse trap.

He proceeded to tell me how he laid the trap, not with cheese (which is another myth) but with chocolate. He checked the next day, and sure enough, there was a dead mouse in his trap. Developing a lust for blood he set the trap again and could hardly wait until the next morning to see if he had caught another mouse. However, the mice had already wised up to this trick, and had removed the chocolate without getting caught.

Oh, so you’re a wise guy eh? We’ll see about that!” he hissed, and this time he set the trap with sticky chocolate caramel. Sure enough, the next day he found another dead mouse. With an evil laugh he set the trap again and waited…

But nothing could have prepared him for what he found the next day, or more to the point, what he didn’t find. There was no sticky chocolate caramel… there was no dead mouse… but there was no mouse trap either.

Believing that the mouse must have ran away with his leg trapped in the mouse trap, he searched his entire garage, but found nothing. Slightly baffled, he took himself off to the shops to buy another trap.

Now if the missing trap didn’t unsettle him slightly, what he came back to completely filled him with horror. He went back into his garage to set another trap when he noticed, there in the middle of the garage floor… the missing mouse trap! The mice were playing games with him!
They’re going to get me for killing their brothers!” he wailed, and ran inside his house and locked all the doors and windows.

Nervously he told me his tale over the telephone. While we were talking we heard a strange clicking noise, like when someone picks up the telephone extension.
“Was that you?” I asked.
No, we don’t have an extension” he replied “wasn’t it you?” he asked.
“No, we don’t have an extension either…”

It’s the mice! They’re taking over the world I tell you!

Well, that will teach him to play with the big little but brainy boys.
Don’t mess with mice. You have been warned!



Coming next: World Domination – by Sat Navs

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear lady, you are without a doubt my favourite blog chum. You have been very kind & supportive to me. Mr Man is obviously a very lucky chap & in very good hands.

Thank you,

Granny

Ps. I think I have unmasked Gadget. Check his latest post.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Lol, yes I saw. Are you sure you spelt the name right though, as I tried to google it but I got no results? And I was so hoping to find a photo... :-P

Thank you Granny, you are the only man I know that calls me a lady! :o)

uphilldowndale said...

MMW, you get called lady, I get called sir! (not by GMP, but one of his colleagues, I am having an identity crisis)
The mice, the HQ for mice domination is in our loft; they practice marching at about 3am!!

Mr Mans Wife said...

Oh no! It's started! It's only a matter of time before they completely take over the world then!

Armageddon? Armageddon outta here!


My female friends call me lady, but GMP is the only male. The "Sir" must be because you are so commanding!

Catherine said...

Amusing post. I could picture it all in my mind.

Mr Mans Wife said...

Thanks Catherine. My brother tells it better - I should have recorded our telephone conversation for everyone to listen to!